Saturday, November 10, 2012

Large Bright Orange Object In The Sky Over Springfield Illinois


Date:  October 24, 2012
Time:  Approx: 7:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

This evening, around 7:00 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. my husband and I were standing outside talking. I saw this very bright orange 'ball' coming in our direction, traveling south to north. It caught my attention because the 'ball' was so large and so bright. 

It was not moving real fast, but it wasn't moving real slow either. My first thought was it must be a satellite as I've seen those in the sky before, but I thought it was down to low to be a satellite. I then thought it must be a plane with it's night lights on, but I've seen planes at night. 

This was too low and the bright orange was too big. I said to my husband, 'look! what is that?'.  He said he thought it was a plane.  But then he added, "look how orange it is.  It looks like it's on fire."  I didn't hear any plane engines, so I asked him, 'Are you sure it's a plane?' 

After a few seconds, he proceeded to leave to go put gas in my car, but I continued to stand on our porch, watching it, until it was no longer in sight. We maybe had it in our sights for about a minute. I was thinking if it's a plane on fire, why was it still flying and shouldn't it explode or something? 

I positive it was not a meteor or a shooting star, as it was not moving that fast. I didn't hear any plane engines. In fact, but I couldn't really see a plane outline either. As I mentioned, it appeared to be traveling south to north in direction. 

I don't have any idea or pre-conceived notion as to what this may have been. I really don't believe in UFO's or aliens. I decided to run an internet search tonight, to see if anyone else may have seen it in the area, or if the news crew were reporting it. That's how I happened across your website. 

Hope this information is helpful to you, for any research you may be doing. Thanks.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Also, please feel free to send in your sightings that have happened years ago. So many of these older sightings are nothing short of amazing.

The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

The Vike Factor 2 (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal-2.blogspot.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment