Saturday, January 5, 2013

7 Pink/Orange Slow Moving Lights Over Minneapolis Minnesota


Date:  January 2, 2013
Time:  Approx: 5:30 p.m.

Around 5:30 p.m. tonight, January 2, 2013 in Minneapolis, MN I saw the same/similar thing, 7 pink/orange slow moving lights. 4 to five in a crescent shape formation with the other 2 or 3 tailing from the crescent.

They were spread fairly evenly apart, but not a 'tighter' formation I'm accustomed to seeing with air force planes. Overall, it was the arrangement/formation that made me most curious.

But both the formation and color struck me as anomalous. I pulled over at a gas station to watch. They slowly disappeared due to either:

1) Moving through a lower strata layer of clouds.
2) Rising up as they moved.

I estimated the height of these object to be around 1500 feet. I checked the cloud ceiling. Damn close! Weather report says 1300 feet.

Thus, far, I was not thinking this was spectacular or really all that strange. I should mention, I started to video them, just a few seconds after they began to either rise or move into a lower cloud strata.

However, I was curious enough to keep watching for well over a minute, perhaps for a bout 90 seconds. I thought I might see them re-appear due to ceiling conditions, but no.

Then I saw something else in the sky, in the same section of the sky I had been peering into.

I saw a black shape. No lights whatsoever. Appeared quite small, like the size of a kite (from my perspective), then appeared a bit larger after I got a good fix on it. It appeared to move slightly downward, as it 'drifted' - and now it seemed to have some decent size to it as my eyes adjusted.

Hard to pin a volume on it. At any rate, this object moved in the direction of the wind. From the SW to the NE. It appeared to be moving with the wind. (and yes, the wind has been blowing this direction for most of the day and evening. At this time around 6mph.

By the way, I am the son of forensic meteorologist. I have a sharp eye. I am a physiologist. Never seen anything like I am about to describe.

I watched this object move away for approximately 2 minutes. At this speed, it should have traveled (did the math) 2/10 of a mile. It was moving directly over the monstrous gasoline tanks where practically all the gasoline for the Twin Cities is stored. Used to be called the William's Bros. Pipeline Co. (I don't recall the current name)

It kept moving, same speed, nothing spectacular, so I got disinterested and got back in the car.

At this time, I'm just a few miles mostly north and a bit east from downtown Minneapolis. Approximately 4.5 miles. I live close by. There was a moderate amount of traffic on the highway (highway 88) just one long block from the gas station, Murphy's.

I took off, west for highway 88, turned north. This took maybe 8 seconds to reach the corner after leaving the gas station. Accelerating up to 40 to 45, I looked up and saw a black shape.

I slowed down quickly and pulled over toward the left hand turn lane which is about 800 feet from the road I turned off from the gas station.

I'll be damned, this thing had no discernible features, except it was shaped like an egg, and was black as midnight. Not a sound. very low in the sky. Not directly overhead, other wise I would not have seen it out my windshield at first. Perhaps 300 feet up.

The thing rotated 360 degrees on its own axis. Quite quickly. Not a sound out of it.

Could have been spun by the wind. But I didn't like the way it moved, it freaked me out and I got back in my car.

I don't know for sure if this was the same black object I saw the first time. But at the rate the wind moved, if it was the same object, there would have to have been a sudden very strong and sustained wind gust  (180 to the wind direction at the time I was at the gas station) to bring the first thing back in the less than 20 seconds gone by after I left the gas station.

Translation: If the first black object I saw was moving only by wind, then no way did that get back to my location in the car by wind. I would have felt a halva buffeting effect in such an anomalous wind reversal.

Whatever the heck this thing was. I didn't like it.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Also, please feel free to send in your sightings that have happened years ago. So many of these older sightings are nothing short of amazing.

The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

The Vike Factor 2 (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal-2.blogspot.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment