Sunday, January 6, 2013

Large Blue Ball Of Light With Long Blue Tail Seen Over Ridgefield Connecticut


Date:  January 5, 2013
Time:  Approx: 6:33 p.m.

Brian, your page seems to be the only site discussing the meteor my son and I saw last night around 6:33 p.m. EST. We were in Ridgefield, CT.

It was in the sky for maybe 2 to 4 seconds, long enough for my son to say "Whoa, look Dad" while I was unlacing his ice skates and then me turn around to still see it for a second or 2.
It was a big blue ball. To the eye, I'll go with it almost being as big as a full moon. It also had a blue glow around it with a substantially long blue tail. It lit up a good portion of the sky, maybe 1/5 of the entire sky as I could visibly see.

It was traveling southwest, right on the line just past straight south. In fact, since I had my tablet with me and on it I keep a digital compass, I can with confidence say it was traveling between 203 and 205 degrees south west. Ridgefield is usually very clear sky’s and great for star gazing.

We were at 613' altitude according to Google Maps. Putting this meteor at what looked to be about a 45 degree angle as it traveled downward toward the skyline, decreasing that angle.

Is there a scientific record of comets/meteors to reference and double check what my son and I, as well as others reporting on your site, saw?

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Also, please feel free to send in your sightings that have happened years ago. So many of these older sightings are nothing short of amazing.

The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

The Vike Factor 2 (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal-2.blogspot.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment